[Clfs-dev] [CLFS-DEV] Version SVN-20081026-x86 – chroot fails

John Doe backnixs at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 04:22:32 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm building an i686 from a Gentoo x86-64 host and I can't enter
chroot. Its fails with "FATAL: Kernel too old" I suspect this is
because CLFS glibc is a newer version then the host system.

Is there any dirty workaround that will let me use the chroot method?

/lib/libc.so.6 | head -n1 | cut -d" " -f1-7
GNU C Library stable release version 2.6.1,

Also this isn't mentioned in the "Host System Requirements" section.