[Clfs-dev] clfs-embedded toolchain: uClibc build against with libgcc.a when the gcc-pass2 haven't been installed yet!

Binghoo Dang dangbinghoo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 23:05:05 PST 2008

Hello,

I just installed linux headers,binutils,then uClibc-headers(my arch and
target is the same i686, so uClibc-headers worked!),then
gcc-static(pass1),and then when I was installing uClibc, I got this
$ make
LD ld-uClibc-0.9.30-rc3.so
i686-pc-linux-uclibc-gcc: libgcc.a: No such file or directory
make: *** [lib/ld-uClibc.so] Error 1

the book tells to make the package use `make CC="${CC} ${BUILD}"`,of
corce it would not work,since there's no $CC set according to the book,
my target and host is same, so I just use make ,because the
${CLFS_TARGET-gcc} is already in my PATH,there's no need to point the
CC. But it was failed, it seems that uClibc attempt to link against with
libgcc.a which is not installed and will be install in the stage
gcc-pass2 after current stage(the uClibc). Does anyone knows this?
What's the problem with the installation?
And, there's another question: is this toolchain dependency tree right?
* binutils need: NOTHING (but the host env.)
* kernel-headers need: NOTHING (but the host env.)
* gcc-pass1 need :binutils (toolchain) and host env..
* libc need: toolchain package:gcc-pass1, kernel-headers,libc-headers
when cross-compiling and the host env.
* gcc-pass2 need: libc (toolchain) and host env.

Thank you!

Regards!

Binghoo Dang