[Clfs-dev] Test result progress and other near release comments

wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Sun Jul 27 19:28:38 PDT 2008

Hello Joe,

     I know you've been getting results from various people for the
test rusults of SVN 20080714 builds.  Do you have any more tasks that
need to be done to help move the next release along, other than the
tickets we have?

You did notice about the test failures on ppc64, and I have been
pretty lazy to get test other things. Normally I'll build xorg after
the CLFS build and some other things, but SSH tested okay and I have
been using it for that. If there's anything else that can be completed
for the book and not for separate arches I'd be glad to do it.

Any other devs have any tasks other than tickets?

My main concern for the sparc64 book right now is for the ftp client
and ping.

I did mention before I used netkit base and netkit ftp 0.17 for my
sparc64 builds and ftp works fine without having to use mget for every
thing, even a single file. For ping, netkit base ping works fine as I
don't need to rely on that ridiculous patch I have for netutils ping.
Not sure if a note could be made, I don't think adding netkit to just
the sparc64 and sparc64-64 books would be worth a change. That's my
input. If a note would be better, that'd be fine, or else people can
just read this mailing list and find out themselves. I think that most
people don't bother using ftp for a client, and end up using ncftp,
lftp, or something else. However, when all they do is have ftp in chap
10, and desire to build blfs packages while in chroot or in the new
boot, they will only have the ftp client installed from inetutils.

Throw anything at me for the next couple weeks. Before it gets busy
again.

William