[Clfs-dev] powerpc64 and sparc64 discussion for 32 bit user space and multilib

William Harrington wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Wed Dec 17 11:14:07 PST 2008

Okay I have a compiler with powerpc64 that can build 32 bit by default.

All I did this time around was add --with-cpu=default32 for each gcc
build.

I chrooted and tested this with dummy.c and gcc will build an ELF 32-
bit MSB executable and
gcc -m64 will build an ELF 64-bit MSB executable.

I was probably getting errors from my first post as I introduced
changes that were not appropriate.

By the way, I don't know if other arches will honor the --with-
cpu=default32. Sparc64 is my next task and I'll find out.

William