[Clfs-dev] kernel headers old version

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 05:04:14 PST 2008

Varrun Ashok wrote:
> hello everybody,
>    i am trying to build clfs for ARM using the sysroot
> method. however when do ./configure for glibc the
> kernel headers appears to be 2.0.10... very old....
> then i built gcc-static
> then i built glibc again (as given in sysroot clfs
> book)there is a configuration error saying that the
> kernel headers 2.0.10 are too old and that 2.6.0+ are
> needed.
> i am using kernel-2.6.23-rc2.
> i have already built clfs(clfs-1.1.0) i386
> successfully and i did not have such problems.
> i tied browsing the net for latest kernel headers for
> arm but could not find any...
> 1)how do i get the latest kernel headers for arm?
> 2)what is the modification in the procedure i must
> make while building the cross compile toolchain?

Based on some of your previous questions I would not go down the route
of experimenting with the build process just yet. Especially with the
book in question. CLFS Sysroot is still very experimental. If you wish
to follow it you can adapt the method from the regular CLFS trunk book
to install into your sysroot.

There is no modification required to the toolchain. The argument you see
passed to glibc is the minimum version of the linux kernel required to
run glibc. If you set this value to --enable-kernel=2.6.27, Then you
will not be able to boot your system with a 2.6.26 kernel.