[Clfs-dev] (no subject)

William Harrington wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Wed Dec 10 06:32:54 PST 2008

On Dec 10, 2008, at 7:49 AM, Varrun Ashok wrote:

> hello everybody,
> actually i solved the problem when i typed dmesg|grep
> eth it said eth0 renamed as eth1 and eth1 as eth2
> so i went to /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent_net_rules
> and commented the lines that are responsible for
> renaming. then rebooted.everything work fine!

By default we don't have 70-persistent_net_rules in the book. Where
did you find it?

In the past I've seen people apply rules without even seeing what they
do and always end
having problems finding eth0. Then they finally figure out that it is
eth1 cause they
whizzed past commands and rules and installed something they didn't
need in the first place.

Also just checking in /sys/class/net will give the devices rather
quickly.

-WIlliam