[Clfs-dev] etho device does not exist

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 9 07:46:17 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 09:52:18PM -0800, Varrun Ashok wrote:
> hello everybody!
>       I have successfully built clfs based on book clfs-1.1.0 and its running on x86 ULV celeron board.
 and
>   i am using kernel 2.6.23-rc2

 I'm sure this isn't related to the problem you are asking about,
but these two statements together make no sense.  In 1.1.0 we built
everything against the 2.6.24.7 kernel headers, but you claim to be
using an older development kernel.

 Using the current development releases is good (someone has to
test them!), and in my experience they only break once or twice a
year.  YMMV.  So, using 2.6.28-rc* (preferable the latest of them)
can be useful.  But as always, it's easier to start from a current
.config which works.  So, first get 2.6.24.7 working, then if you
want to test development kernels upgrade to 2.6.27.latest, zcat
/proc/config.gz >.config ; make oldconfig (consult the help any time
you aren't sure), test it to make sure that too is working, and then
you can use that as the basis for the latest 2.6.28-rc.

ĸen