[Clfs-dev] Current SVN X86_64-64 build results

wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Fri Aug 29 22:42:13 PDT 2008

Howdy all,

     Got a free weekend so I'm doing some testing with SVN.

I talked to jimg about current CLFS-1.1.0-rc1 and file-4.23 download
location from the astra project ftp server.
file-4.23.tar.gz isn't available from there anymore. The book will
need to be updated or an errata made for it.

However,

I did a build with file-4.25, texinfo-4.12, and gcc-4.3.2 (have
patches made already and will submit soon).

Currently I have done x86_64-64 and the test results are here:
       http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/CLFS-20080827-x86_64-Pure64/

I'm going to go ahead and do a few things from cblfs with this build
and see how it all works.

This weekend I'll do a build with sparc64 and ppc64 and post those
logs as well.

Ole Joe did patches for gcc-4.3.1 then 4.3.2 was released the same day
or before! I got the patches rediffed against 4.3.1 and will submit
those after I test the ppc64 patches. I'm not sure if I'll do an
x86_64 multilib build, but I might as well, probably. Might do that
after I do ppc64 and sparc64.

Please look at the ticket for file-4.23. It's ticket #127. Especially
for CLFS 1.1.0-rc1. I think jimg may have a handle on it!

Adios,

William